Thursday, March 3, 2016

Essential Oils I Use Every Day


It's no secret, I loooove my Young Living Essential Oils!  I wanted to start out by talking about a couple of oils that I use almost every single day. 

I could go on and on about the benefits of oils (and I probably will at some point), but as a small side note, since having oils in the house, I no longer buy perfume.  Actually, I didn't buy perfume much anyway because they all made me NAUSEOUS!  It was kind of a bummer, because there are so many perfumes that smell wonderful, but within a minute or two of smelling them, I felt light headed and sick to my stomach.

Luckily, I love my oils, and there are some blends that smell so wonderful, I use them as perfume!  This is a win-win situation for me.  Not only do I smell awesome, but I am getting the benefit of the oils as well! 

Here are some of my favorite-smelling blends:


JOY


Joy was the first oil that I was happy to use as perfume.  Just the name Joy attracted me to it originally. This oil is associated with happiness and togetherness.  I put a drop on my heart area (Joy in my heart).  I will also put it on/in a diffuser necklace.  It reminds me a bit of the perfume Happy because of its hint of citrus.  Joy is a delightful blend of Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Lemon, Coriander, Tangerine, Jasmine, Roman Chamomile, Palmarosa, and Rose essential oils that harmonize for a sweet, joyful aroma.


VALOR


Valor is associated with courage and confidence, and it smells awesome!  Its woodsy, positive scent comes from a blend of Black Spruce, Blue Tansy, Rosewood, and Frankincense. I wear it on my wrists most mornings...even when I'm wearing other oils.  People will often ask me what I'm wearing, because I smell so darn good. :) 




PEACE AND CALMING


Ahh, I love the smell of this oil!  It does have the citrus-y smell I love, but is lighter and different than Joy.  I love to put this on my ears and clavicle area. Peace & Calming essential oil is a gentle, sweet blend of Ylang Ylang, Orange, Tangerine, Patchouli, and Blue Tansy. It's a beautiful oil that is associated with, go figure, peaceful and calm feelings!


STRESS AWAY



The name says it all, right? This one smells a bit different, but equally as awesome. It has a more flowery/vanilla smell to it. I love to put this one on the back of my neck, just below my skull.  Per Young Living, "Stress Away essential oil blend is a natural solution created to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. Stress Away is the first product to contain the unique stress-relieving combination of lime and vanilla pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils. Stress Away also includes copaiba and lavender to reduce mental rigidity and restore equilibrium. Featuring powerful plant constituents, such as the cedrol found in cedarwood and the eugenol that occurs naturally in vanilla, Stress Away can help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension."

I hope you've enjoyed learning a tiny bit about my four go-to "super perfumes."  I love that I am getting benefits, and smelling good at the same time.  There are also many other applications and places on the body for these oils, as well.  If you are interested in learning a little more about my journey with oils, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment