Friday, May 19, 2017

Low-carb, Dairy-free Protein Latte!


Since we are headed into summer, I've been cutting carbs.  One of the things that I find hard about low-carb is what to eat between meals if you are hungry.  In the old days, I used to grab a string cheese, but since I've cut out dairy, too, it's gets more complicated.  I've recently embraced cucumbers and pork rinds, and I was also excited to discover this Low-Carb, Dairy-free Protein Latte!

It's like drinking a fancy Starbucks, but better for you.  And because it's super foamy, and has fat and protein, it actually fills you up for a while!   I don't usually sweeten coffee, but I think it would be delicious with some stevia, or a little honey/maple syrup (if not low carb).

Try it out! Customize it to your taste preferences, and let me know what you think!


Low-carb, Dairy-free Protein Latte!

-1 raw egg (preferably free range, organic - we get ours from a farm co-op)
-1T coconut oil
-1 "cup" of HOT coffee
-1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract

Optional:
-1T grass-fed collagen powder (for extra protein/nutrients)
-Splash of Coconut Cream/Milk
-Cinnamon
-Stevia
- Raw Local Honey or maple syrup (if not low carb)

Add all non-coffee ingredients to blender.  Brew coffee, then add hot coffee to blender.  Blend immediately so that the egg doesn't start cooking before blender is going.  Blend for 20 seconds or so on high to create a super frothy beverage.  Pour in mug and top with some cinnamon. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment